Blackberry is such a cell-phone which has revolutionized the world of cell-phones and has obtained millions of fans all over the world. This is one of the smartest and technically sound phones available in the market. Despite that, there are some drawbacks of this phone.
If you are a Blackberry fan then you are probably aware of the pros and some of the cons, but if you are not a Blackberry user, then you have to gather some information about the advantages and disadvantages of the phone you are thinking of buying. It will prove helpful.
First you will get to know about the advantages of the Blackberry. They are,
- The screen of the latest Blackberry smartphones is breathtaking. It is not easy to compete with Apple in this matter, but still RIM has done quite a nice job.
- The on board storage memory of a Blackberry is quite better than most of the other cell phones which are available in the market.
- Push email technology in a Blackberry will allow you to receive and send the emails within a few seconds. All you have to do is to provide the mail ID and password and you can have the services non-stop and fast.
- Data compression facility of the Blackberry allows you to compress the files to almost half of their original size. This way, you can save quite some money and have better speed while uploading and sending.
- The internet access through the Blackberry is one of the cheapest in the market. So, you can save money here too.
- The QWERTY keypad of the Blackberries has made typing a lot easier than before.
There are some cons of the Blackberry sets that are available and you should know about them too. They are,
- The battery life of the Blackberries is not very good. Indeed it is better than other phones, but still it is not any competition with some of the most famous phones in the market.
- Normally the Blackberry comes without a screen guard and that is why keeping the screen free of scratches is quite difficult. You have to buy the screen-guard separately, if you want to avoid this problem.
- The Blackberry create problem with the calls when it is in the 3G mode. It may not be the case for all of the service providers, but in most of the cases it has become quite crucial an issue.
- There is a problem with the Blackberry while downloading large files. It may not be a problem always, but when you are away form your PC or laptop and you need to access a large file, it can be really irritating.
- For the facilities of email, chatting and such Blackberry service needs the service books to function properly. If the service book is outdated or have some other problems, your facilities will not work properly.
- It takes quite a long time for a Blackberry to reboot.
- Blackberry does not support the streaming of FLV files and that is why you cannot watch YouTube streaming in them.
You should be buying your Blackberry after weighing the pros and cons properly.